Welcome to Rutherfordton
- Rutherfordton was the location of the first US Post Office in Western North Carolina in 1798
- Rutherfordton was the home to the first school chartered by the State of North Carolina 1806
- Rutherfordton was also the site of the first newspaper published in the western portion of the state, The North Carolina Spectator and Western Advertiser, founded in 1831.
Perhaps our most unique claim is our significant contribution to the Carolina gold rush where, in 1832, a German immigrant with an inventive spirit minted the first $1 gold coins in the United States. That bold determination still exists within our independent downtown businesses. The golden treasure that was discovered in our hills can still be found in the abundant creativity and cultural offerings that we celebrate today. The innovation that forged those first coins still exists and continues to inspire the young minds of our children. Rutherfordton continues to mint a quality of life that is the gold standard for Western North Carolina.
In addition to awarding facade grants and helping our merchants maintain a beautiful and historically preserved downtown, RTR promotes, organizes and hosts events and festivals throughout the year to increase tourism and contribute to the quality of life for our citizens and guests alike.
Our schedule of events includes....
Many places at Rutherford City will bring you a Las Vegas feeling in your hometown. Especially if you are holding a charity or a fundraising event, the NJ casino night would be a perfect and an ideal way to provide a visual entertainment to your guests, while raising money for the charity. You can play many popular casino games, such as roulette games, blackjack games, and poker games. Thanks to our latest collaborators, you can now also organize and play bingo games with your guests. The above-linked site will give you ideas on how to organize your games night, and even has an option for playing online. If you decide to do so, they will be happy to gift you a bonus you can use instead of having to pay with real money.
Here we can offer you some helpful steps that you should have in mind if you plan to organize an NJ Casino Night and a fundraising event.
- There is a ‘cash desk’ where guests purchase the ‘fun money.’ These events have a favorable exchange rate in order to encourage people so they can spend more. For instance, a $5 real money equals $20 of fun money. Later, at the gaming tables, this ‘fun money,’ can be changed with chips, and the guest will only play for prizes.
- Another effective way of promoting the casino is to sell ‘fun money’ during dinner time. Volunteers can circulate the tables, so the guests would be able to buy their ‘fun money’.
- When the game ends, the guests need to return the chips so they can be counted and all the prizes are awarded to the winners, which are usually donations.
- There is no need for an exclusive license if you want to run this kind of charity casinos because the guests don’t profit from these casino nights.